1. In an exceedingly massive bowl, mix the spinach, onion, ginger, and contemporary chiles and blend well to mix. Set aside.
2. in an exceedingly separate massive bowl, mix the besan, salt, red chile powder, turmeric, and ajwain and stir well to mix. you'll conjointly add different spices, together with garam masala, ground black pepper, and so on. Be as inventive as you prefer. Add the water to the besan mixture and stir till sleek. This mixture ought to be slightly thick and not too watery. check that that there aren't any lumps within the batter.
3. Slowly fold the spinach mixture into the batter.
4. in an exceedingly tiny kadhai, wok, or cooking pan over medium–high heat, heat the oil. The oil ought to be concerning one in. / three cm deep within the deepest a part of the kadhai. You’ll recognize the oil is hot enough if you call in a edible seed and it sizzles and rises to the highest at once.
5. employing a tablespoon live, rigorously place four tablespoons / sixty metric capacity unit of batter into the oil, one at a time, and cook for concerning thirty seconds on one aspect, till gently tanned however simply keep of being grilled through. flip over every of the pakoras and cook for thirty seconds additional.
6. take away the pakoras with a slotted spoon and transfer to a baking sheet lined with a towel to soak up further oil. Place a little, flat bowl on high of every pakora and depress gently.
7. Transfer back the pakoras to the recent oil and cook for thirty to forty seconds on both sides, till golden brown. take away from the warmth. take away the pakoras with a slotted spoon and transfer to the baking receptacle lined with contemporary paper towels to soak up the oil. My aunts in Chandigarh implement doing this to make sure the pakoras area unit further crisp. It conjointly helps to form positive they cook through. Don’t worry: you'll fry them only once yet. simply cook them somewhat longer to make sure they cook through.
8. Repeat Steps 5, 6, and 7 till you've got finished cooking all the pakoras. take away from the warmth.
9. Transfer the pakoras to a serving platter and serve them with a aspect of Pudina Chutney