Shrimp Scampi Recipes
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi can be enjoyed as an appetizer/light meal OR for dinner with your favorite pasta of choice! You can also keep it low carb and serve over zucchini noodles or with steamed cauliflower! Either way it’s delicious and even better than Italian restaurant Scampi!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
- Pour in wine (or broth), add red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don't overcook your shrimp).
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley and take off heat immediately.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 1 1/4 pounds (600 grams) large shrimp prawns, shelled with tails on or off
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley