Romaine Lettuce Salad Recipes
- Large romaine lettuce(ragged outer leaves discarded)
- 1cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned (any type)
- 4large celery ribs, trimmed and julienned
- 20fresh cilantro stems, leaves only
- 1⁄2cup olive oil
- 1⁄4cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2small white onion, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Have ready a large bowl of ice water.
- Rinse the lettuce under cold running water, tear into bite-sized pieces, and let stand in the ice water to crisp for 10-15 minutes. Drain well and dry very thoroughly in a salad spinner.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, and celery.
- In a blender, combine the cilantro and olive oil; process to a puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Toss with the salad and serve.