Rice Salad Recipes
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2/3 cup dried diced apricots
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Step 1
Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Cool completely.
- Step 2
Combine rice, celery, capsicum, onion, sultanas, apricots and almonds in a bowl. Place olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, curry powder and sugar in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Step 3
Pour oil mixture over rice mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.