MIX VEGETABLE KOFTA CURRY RECIPE
- Mixed vegetables (French beans, carrots, peas) finely chopped 2 cups
- Tomato purée finely chopped and blanched2 cups
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed2 medium
- Fresh breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- Green chillies finely chopped2-3
- Ginger finely chopped1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch
- Green cardamoms 5-6
- Black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Red pumpkin (kaddu) cut into cubes and boiled100 grams
- Bottle gourd (lauki) cut into cubes and boiled100 grams
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Bhuna masala 130 grams
- Fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped1/2 cup
- Fresh mint leaves roughly chopped1/2 cup
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Tomato purée 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- To make the gravy, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cinnamon, green cardamoms, black peppercorns and cumin seeds and sauté till fragrant.
- Add red pumpkin, bottle gourd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add bhuna masala and mix well. Add coriander and mint leaves and mix. Transfer the mixture into a mixer jar and let it cool slightly. Add a little water and grind into a purée. Transfer the puree into a bowl and set aside.
- To make the koftas, mix together mixed vegetables, potatoes, breadcrumbs, green chillies, ginger, red chilli powder and salt.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into balls. Slide these into hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat butter in another non-stick pan. Add tomato purée and cook for 2 minutes. Strain the ground purée and add to this pan. Add fresh cream and mix well. Allow the gravy to come to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the gravy into a serving dish, place koftas over it and serve hot.