Gajar ka Halwa recipe - Easy Homemade Indian Sweet Recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ML)
- 1 kg or 4 cup grated carrot / gajar
- 4 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- 8-10 unsalted whole or chopped cashews
- 8-10 unsalted roasted almonds
- 12-15 golden raisins
- In a wide open pan add ghee and all the dry fruits. Roast it for one minute.
- Add grated carrot to the same pan. Carrot needs to be cooked only for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn soft as seen in below picture.
- Now add 4 cup of milk. Try to use full cream milk instead of light milk.
- Mix well and let the milk comes to boil. Stir in between so that milk does not get stick to bottom.
- Cook carrot and milk for 30 minutes on low flame. All the milk should be evaporated leaving behind thick khoya.
- Once more than 1/2 of milk evaporates add 1 cup of sugar. Mix it well with milk.
- Once again, cook the carrots for 30 minutes in a low flame until all the milk evaporates.
- Your Yummy Gajar Halwa is ready. Garnish it with dry fruits. Serve it warm or cold depending upon your preferences.