BUTTER CHICKEN RECIPE
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Red chili ½ tsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Chicken boneless ½ kg
- Lemon juice 1-2 tbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- Butter 2-3 tbs
- Oil 1 tsp
- Bay leaf 2
- Onion sliced 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbs
- Cashew nuts 25 gms (Optional)
- Tomatoes chopped 3-4
- Tomato paste 2 tbs (Optional)
- Salt ½ tsp or to taste
- Cream 2-3 tbs
- Fenugreek leaves dried 1 tsp
- Whole spice powder ½ tsp
- Coriander 1-2tbs (chopped)
- In a bowl add yogurt, red chili powder,coriander powder,cumin and salt, mix well.
- Add boneless chicken and lemon juice, mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a wok, add butter and oil (oil is added so that butter doesn’t get burned) heat it, add bay leaves and onion and sauté until onion are translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add cashew nuts, tomatoes (chopped) and tomato paste (it is optional and added to enhance color) mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes are cooked well.
- For chicken, take out marinated chicken and add it in skewers.
- Remove bay leaves from tomato gravy, add salt and mix well.
- Add tomato gravy in a blender/chopper and blend until it makes a fine puree. You can add water to make it fine.
- Now take sieve and strain puree. Strain very well.
- Now bring wok on the stove with gravy. Bring it to boil and add water if gravy is thick.
- Add cream and mix well.
- Add fenugreek dried leaves, whole spice powder and coriander (chopped).Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Butter gravy is ready.
- Shallow fry chicken skewers on medium low flame until done.
- Serve skewer with the butter gravy or add chicken to the gravy and mix well, garnish with cream and fenugreek leaves and serve.
If you don’t want to add chicken on skewers, directly shallow fry the chicken and add to the gravy.
If using skewers, give coal dum for added aroma and enjoy.