ACHARI PRAWNS RECIPE
- prawns 1 kg
- salt 1 tsp
- lemon juice 3 tbsp
- ginger & garlic paste 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- black mustard seeds 1 tsp
- nigella seeds 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
- button red chilli 5
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- onion 2 medium (grind to a paste)
- tomatoes 3 medium (grind to a paste)
- red chilli powder 1 tsp
- cumin seeds 1 tsp (dry roasted & crushed)
- turmeric 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- coriander seeds 1 tsp (dry roasted & crushed)
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- bullet green chilli 3 (sliced)
- fresh ginger 1 inch (Julian)
- fresh coriander 3 tbsp
- oil 1/2 cup
- Marinate the prawns with lemon juice, salt, ginger & garlic paste mix well and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, whole red chilli, cumin seeds and onion paste fry on high flame till slightly changes colour.
- Now add tomatoes paste, red chilli powder, roasted cumin, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala powder, roasted coriander mix well and add the prawns mix and cook on high flame for 8 to 10 minutes and the oil comes on the surface.
- Then add ginger, green chilli, fresh coriander mix well.
Serve hot with roti or rice.